Believing in The Who.

In a message dated 11/29/01 9:06:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> .  The
> Who all look pretty genuine, because they believe in what they're doing.
>
> Is that something new for Pete?  I don't know that he's always believed in
> The Who.

That is yet another thing that I really admire about these guys, that they
are genuine. When Pete talks, he talks TO the crowd, not at it. Roger is the
same. We are spoiled in this regard, as I rarely see fans of other bands
treated the same. It is usually "Woo! Alright! We love Detroit! Very cheap,
easy, and not personal. Said mainly with the goal to get a cheer.  -     How
can you help the one you really love? It's not easy. It costs something from
your very person.

Keets,
Of course, I don't know the answer to the question about Pete believing in
The Who. However, I do believe that although Pete has experienced great
levels of success with The Who, he is honest enough to admit that there is
something much higher in life than banging some strings on a board in front
of some crazy and sometimes unappreciative fans.

Pete is hot and cold, but he truly is a seeker. The band is great but it has
a limit. It comes easy to him and at times he gets bored with it because he
knows of the limitations. There was a time when he believed that Rock music
could be used to change the world and when he found out that it didn't, the
*great* albums ceased. I am thankful to him for his persuit of the truth,
because this is the absolute #1 reason for my interest in Pete Townshend/The
Who.

Jon in Mi.