Sneaky new material, market for old folks

Pkeets said:
What if Pete/The Who make up a bunch of new songs but never put them out on
an album?  After all, Roger did say that the MG jam at Manchester was his
song "Crossroads Now."  What if they never do a studio recording of that
song?  Will the critics ever notice it?
and
BTW, what would the critics think if The Who released an entirely
instrumental album?  Wouldn't that throw everybody for a loop?

I think they will do something unconventional (if they do anything at all).
I cant imagine why they would write, arrange, rehearse and perform new
material and then not market it.

I like your instrumental idea, though.  Pete does seem to fancy the idea
that he is now a composer even more than a performer or a simple songwriter.

Really, every musician over forty years old must be quaking in their boots
right now at the performance of Mick and Paul's latest releases. I'm not a
Billy Joel fan, but are his album sales dropping off?  Is that why he's
going to classical instead of pop?

Im not saying you are wrong, but there is a market for the old folks.
Heres the latest Billboard album charts.  Ive selected some older artists
from the list.