The Concert for NYC cd

I just picked it up today and gave it a listen in my truck. Having already
seen the video several times, I was very impressed with the quality of the
recording in cd form. Very loud and clear. Even the Backstreet boys sounded
good.;) (Sorry). Anyhow, I patiently played through it to compare The Who to
the others. I was not disappointed.

Some highlights and things that I noticed at first:

John Cusak's very accurate introduction is on there at the beginning of the
set.

I got chills when Adam Sandler said "The Who re-unitah" and the crowd erupted
more than  at any time previous.

Pete's guitar is very prominent. You can hear him OVER the synth tracks, not
under.

John's Bass is very prominent as well! Same as above.

Roger's voice sounded like a lion.  (take that, you English bouyee) ;)

Roger did get some help with his scream on WGFA where his voice cracked too
high. This was edited. He is loud enough at the beginning of WAY, unlike
live.

One thing that was different than on video (and on the boot that I
downloaded) was that the crowd wasn't near as loud as they were live. That to
me was one of the best parts of their show.

Zak sounded a bit muddier than I would have liked, but that is certainly not
HIS fault.

Here's the list of songs:

Disk one:
David Bowie - America
David Bowie -Heroes
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive
Bon Jovi - It's My life
Jay-Z - Izzo (H.O.V.A.)                  ???
Goo Goo Dolls - American Girl
Billy Joel - Miami 2017
Billy Joel - NY state of mind
Destiny's Child - Emotion
Destiny's Child - Gospel Medley
Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy - I'm your hoochie coochie man
Adam Sandler - Operaman
Backstreet Boys - Quit playing games
Mick and Keith - Miss you
Mick and Keith - Salt of the earth

Disk Two
Mike Moran FDNY- (you can kiss my royal Irish ass guy)
THE WHO - WHO ARE YOU
THE WHO - BABA O'REILLY
THE WHO - WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN
Melissa Etheridge - Come to my window
Melissa Etheridge - Born to run
James Taylor - Fire and rain
James Taylor - Up on the roof
John Mellencamp -  Peaceful world
John Mellencamp w/Kid Rock - Pink houses
Five for fighting - Superman
Elton John - Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters
Paul McCartney - I'm down
Paul McCartney - Yesterday
Paul McCartney - Let it be
Paul McCartney - Freedom

No Contest. Our Boys grabbed them by the throats.

Go out and buy it.

Jon in Mi.