Re: A Walk down Abbey Road - Japan

First review I've seen of the JAE/Todd shows in Japan, from a Todd
list/site.

Anyone here been to one, or found another review?

Alan, heard anything about the shows?

Cheers,

John

This small review of AWDAR in JAPAN

by Hiroshi Kawauchi
11/17/2001

First day of Japan Tour was held in Tokyo. About 10 min late at start
time PM7,tour members (quite same with US tour) was walking from left of
the stage. Kicking with "Magical Mystery Tour".

Performances was combined to one set,solo songs was played only one song
per each person. Todd wore black suit with tie and white formal shirts.
Before started to sing at "Hello it's Me",shouted "Konbannwa!"(means
"Good evening" in Japanese). he sung with very politely.(not loosy),when
he found many One World(of Japanese fan club) members,he shouted
"Everybody in the house!". During fool on the hill, Todd jumped and
danced around the stage like McCartney on film "MMT" setlist:

MMT/Eye in the sky/Barracuda/Hello it's me/Biggest part of me/Real
Me/Back in theUSSR/Lady Madonna/I'm Down/Fool on the hill/While my
guitar/Here comes the sun/LSD/Hide loveaway/Maybe I'm
amazed/Rain/Blackbird/Me and My Monkey/Revolution/Day Tripper/Ticket to
ride/I wanna hold your hand/Hey Jude/Encore:Birthday/Golden Slumber-The
end. Less talk,more music is my impression. 1hour 45min. Many business
man in audience with dark suits and very quite mood during musician
plays.

Next day is Saturday,opened 1 hour earlier. So had some talk between the
songs. setlist is almost same except added "Yesterday".