28 Years Ago Tonight revisited

Following AnEnglishBoy's example of a couple of days ago, I'd like to
salute the show in Dallas, 28 years ago tonight, that introduced me to the
wonders of live Who.  I'd driven from San Antonio to Dallas (4+ hours) with
some friends, picking up a friend from high-school in Austin along the way
and meeting up with others in Dallas.  Our three-car caravan got lost on
the way to the venue; when we walked in Lynyrd Skynyrd was executing the
ending jam of Free Bird.  We had surprisingly good seats for novices, about
25th-row center.  My friend remembers Keith playing in a pair of Levis
which had had one entire leg removed (see Concert File for illustration); I
remember "My Generation", the Klieg lights blazing on us during Listening
to You, and the awe I felt at seeing how different their stage Tommy was
from the studio Tommy.

Auld Lang Syne,

Alan

"Never never hesitate, communicate, communicate..." --Pete Townshend