Re: young man blues at IOW / Who->Babe

Sroundtable@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/23/2001 1:56:01 PM Central Standard Time,
> AnEnglishBastard writes:

> > To visualise, to imagine, to begin to even understand TheWho->
> > (and Roger Daltrey, Entwistle, Moon and Townshend) as
> > "I" know and love them, you *must* see the performance of

> No truer statement was ever made.  I have it on CD and on video and it is
> remarkable by anyone's standards.  Greatest single song performance by a band
> live in history.  I showed this part of the video to some of my high school
> students and they couldn't figure out how pete didn't break all his guitar
> strings on that violent set of windmills.  the guitar shaking and versatility
> pete shows here is and forever will be untouchable.
>
> kevin Mc

Wot?

Somebody agrees with AnEnglishBoy?

I'll be bloody dipped in shit.

However, (always a clause in anything "AEB" says/writes), IMO,
the Isle Of Wight performance of "Young Man Blues" is still
second to the apparently unfilmed version performance earlier
that year @ Leeds University, featured on the LP/CD entitled
"Live At Leeds" (wot ever edition).

Though Towser gets close to the incredible double and triple stops
over Daltrey's finest live vocal (LAL), and the solo, it's still a slightly
less incredible performance.

However, it is still the finest moment of TheWho-> on film that I
know of, and the interplay, and obcious fun that Moonie and Townshend
share is pure bliss to see.

Live At Leed/Isle Of Wight are the definitive moments of what
TheWho-> were, and still are in some capacities, to anyone
who-> has never caught in live in person.

BTW, it has been brought to my attention that someone called
the Who->Babe was within 3-4 feet of me on 14 August 2000,
at TheHollywoodBowl when I saw her get kissed by Townshend
after handing him 3 boquets of Roses for he, Roger & John..

Really fine ass on that Who->Babe, I might add, and great
Union Jack bell bottoms and top as well. Legendary stuff.

AnEnglishBoy~