Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #317

Scott Schrade wrote:

> And while I do agree with the fans & critics that Bruce puts on a whale of a show,
> the music is still a bit too "American white-trash / jock" for me.  Too many songs
> about Chevrolets & ex-girlfriends.

Got that one right!

And that monotone, dialog style of singing is like fingernails
on the chalkboard to these ears. All those lyrics being
rushed to fit with a verse. Crammed into a space far too
small for the lyrics to fit melodically within, IMO.

I'm, not too much into American Rock. There are exceptions,
but few.

AnEnglishBoy~