Re: John Entwistle/Beatles/etc

Lucas Bleicher wrote:

> AnEnglishBoy wrote:

> > As fas as "And Your Bird Can Sing" is concerned, it
> > is one of the great rock guitar "duets" and is very
> > complex, by rock guitar standards. I think it is
> > GREAT fun!!
>
> Yeah, and he did that with one guitar while bands like
> Iron Maiden have two guitarists to play duets...

No, sorry, it is transcribed in tablature for two guitar parts
played by George and John, in officially released BeaTles
*Compleat* music books.

> Mark Leaman wrote:
>

> > I mean, if you want to compare leads, how about the
> > one in All You Need Is Love?
>
> It's a very simple one. I never denied the fact that
> lots of Beatles song had simple solos...

Some had, as did Rolling Stones songs, an un-solo, kinda
a drifting, sorta following the melody, yet incomplete solo
that was never realised.

Interesting, is it not, that two of the most agressive solos
on record by TheBeaTles were played by Paul, and they
are "Taxman" and "Good Morning Good Morning?"

> Kevin O'Neal wrote:
>
> >> Remember that Paul McCartney was the first guy to
> >> call attention on rock bass guitar,
> >  Why, 'cause he played left handed????
>
> No, because he was the first one to have a melodic
> approach to the instrument in rock. He did that before
> Entwistle...

Neither. It's because he was the first *front man,*
and lead vocalist to play *featured* bass guitar.

> > You're right, we can't.  There's no comparison!!!!!!
>
> I think you're getting me wrong... I just love Keith
> Moon's playing, and Entwistle was always my favourite
> bass player. But is it that hard to admit that
> technically Keith Moon is very weak (there are guys
> miles ahead from him in this subject, such as Bill
> Bruford or Dave Weckl), or that, at least nowadays,
> there are bassists out there that are better than John
> Entwistle?

Technically speaking, there have always been better players
that Moon and Entwistle, but it's the energy, drive & originality,
that make them better than other *technically* superiour
musicians.

Moon was, is, and ere will be Rock's finest drummer.

Allen Woody of GOV'+ MULe is the only bass player
other than Jack Bruce, IMO, to equal or surpass John.

AnEnglishBoy~