RE: membership

>From: Jeff House [mailto:whocasa@hotmail.com]
>Subject: RE: membership
>
>Hey!  Calling me a wuss makes me real mad!

Oooooo, I'm shakin' now!

>I think he is selling the Who stuff for cash.

Yeah, cash so he can continue his courtship of this girl.
Here's the bit question.  Is she a Who fan???????

>Let's see if I can turn this into a more general topic.

Awwwwe.  Just when I was having fun...

>Personally, I'm really not into collecting the Who's stuff (not that
there's
>anything wrong with that).  Collecting Who stuff seems to be an outgrowth
of
>love of the music and the guys, but not necessarily central to Who love.

Well, all my vinyl burned in a fire several years ago.  I'm over it now, and
have made no attempt to replace them.  I just want the music.
I do collect, frame, and display some of my favorite photo's of various
shows, and also some vintage posters that have meant much to me over the
years (oh so many years....).
And then there's the collection of "Tankards" drawn by John that I got as a
present.
Other than that, I tend to concentrate on commemorative CD's from show's
I've been to.  I take the boot, and then make cover art complete with my own
photo's from the show, ticket stub, and parking lot photo's.

If anyone wants to do this, it's quite simple.  Avery has a CD labeling
program (go to Staples) that allows you to cut and paste photo's, etc.  All
the photo's up on Pete's site from this past tour came in very handy.
Having access to a scanner here at work also was key.

>Do I lose points because I don't have a copy of "Vampirella"?

Yes!  You're in the hole now!

>I say we let Bjorn stay in the club as long as he continues to dig the
>music.

I'd hate to see him lose his energy and affection for The Who.  Really.

>Now, if he misses the Who's fist Amsterdam show during his lifetime,
>we would have to reconsider ;-)

Depends on what the "traveling distance" is.  ;-)
But yes, I would tend to agree.

Are we the only shlubs "working" today????

Kevin in VT
(daring to eat another piece of apple pie !!!!)