Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #319

Unfortunately alot of hype gets attatched to certain drummers who really
aren't deserving of such accolades. Magzines sch as Drum and Modern Drummer
are partly responsible by exhibiting their biases towards very marginal
drummers.  Examples of this are Chad Smith, Bill Bruford, Simon Phillips,
Lars Ulrich and Carter Beauford.  These drummers aren't in the same league as
Kieth Moon, John Bonham, Niel Peart, Matt Cameron, Carl Palmer, Mitch
Mitchell, and Ginger Baker.  So, I don't know. I guess the upshot is don't
believe in the poor taste of the masses.

Jon, in LA.