Re: Pete, Real Me, and Psycho-D

Sroundtable@aol.com wrote:

> Yeah, Roger sounded great singing TRM.  Really interpreted Pete well there.

That is one incident wherein I will concur with you.

> Jaqueline sent me Pete live doing Psycho-D at Brooklyn Acad (thanks, J), and
> although there is some good stuff on it and pete's voice is solid, other
> parts are real weak.

Might I ask you to embellish on that statement and quote the parts
that are *real * weak, IYO.

There are *no* weak moments/part in "Psychoderelict" IMO and
there performances are sterling, live and on record.

The concept of an album that interplays a theme, within a theme, is
revolutionary, only equaled by TheKink's "Preservation Act Pt. I & II"
and far surpasses almost anything else that Pete has released solo.

I mean, think about it, you have "Lifehouse"  (called TheGridlifeChronicles)
played within an an almost autobiographical story about Townshend as the
aging reclusive rock star-cum-derelict (empty glass/chinese eyes era)
all interplayed within and without each other, musically and theatrically.

What on earth compares to *that????*

> That Now and Then song is drivel,

Ah, now I see my statement that :

"TheWho-> is a necessary evil the in the mind and life of Townshend"

validified!!

What? Does a macho, train wreck, bulldog approach to every song
immediately give validity to it, especially if a has-been Tom Jones
wanna-be sings it as if it were "Dreaming From The Waist?"

I embrace the sensitive compostions and performances of Pete's.

Would you prefer "Squeeze Box?"

Why do so many of the masses identify with music that "rocks" or is
performed and composed with that "penis extension" motif that has
become so boring.

Limited musical vocabulary and appreciation abilities??

> and that line in the
> sex song, you make me quite "erectable"?  gimme a break- that's weak.

Stronger than anything Daltrey has done in 26 years.

> An
> English Boy is by far the best song from Psycho-D.  That english chick
> "streets" voice gets kinda annoying after awhile.  it's awfully "anne
> robinson" from weakest link.  kept waiting for her to say, "goodbye!"

Can't handle the concept factor wherein a character portrays a
part in a thematic storyline that doesn't have a barechested poseur?

"Psychoderelict" is unquestionably, IMO, and that of many others,
Townshend's "Holy Grail."

IDGAFWhatAnybodyElseThinks,

AnEnglishBoy~