Re: macca at MSG

Sroundtable@aol.com wrote:

> Yeah- and thank god they didn't listen to the geniuses on this forum who
> wanted to hear "relay," and "naked eye" and "pure and easy"- despite my own
> affection for these songs.  Problem w/this defense of Macca is that he was
> the only one to "misread" the audience.  Every other premier act got it
> right- all other criticisms aside.  they played stuff the audience wanted to
> hear.  paul was only one to screw it up.

===================

TheWho->, unlike Macca, enjoy the luxury of having their most publicly
acclaimed material containing social commentary that most people can
extrapolate into something within their own lives.

This concert, following on the heals of the WTC tragedy, fell right into
the poignant mind-think of Townshend's most publicly acclaimed,
and accessible material.

Perfect!

Wonder how the general public would feel if they knew that they have
taken it all out of context for 30 years?

As just one of 'em what to make of :

"Sally take my hand
We'll travel Zarkoff's land."

and see what replies you get.