Re: pete, roger and cynicism

> > Remind me again what Jon Arsely has to do with this.
>
> Basically, he decided not to include the Roger vocal version as a bonus
> track.

Does he really have the power to choose or veto bonus tracks?  I find that
hard to believe.  But anyway, the Roger version would be interesting to hear.
The song couldn't have given him any trouble.  It's almost spoken rather than
sung.

So why did Pete get the lead vocal on this one?  I don't think subject matter
has anything to do with it.  Almost all Who albums have one or two tracks
where Pete gets the lead vocal.  It's expected.

But I wonder what the decision-making process within The Who is like when
it comes to deciding if Pete is gonna get the lead vocal.  I'd buy a bootleg
of The Who just sitting around talking about shit like that.  In a second.

Oh, whatever the reason may be, bonus points for Roger for never bitching
about *not* getting the lead vocal on a particular Who track.  More testament
to his character.  Although he *did* bitch a little about not getting to sing some
of the songs on EMPTY GLASS.

- SCHRADE in Akron