re-John & Keith/Led Zeppelin

Though the story is fairly well documented that John and Keith nearly
left The Who to joinan almost formed Led Zeppelin after Keith had even
suggested the name of the band, yearslater the story was refuted by Jimmy
Page and perhaps Robert Plant who claim that it wasnot quite excatly like
that. It's unclear exactly who was there, most of these players met in abar
and discussed the issue, there may or may not have been some agreement.
About a weeklater it was announced that Led Z eppelin was formed with
Page,Plant,Jones and Bonhamand that was that. Please correct me if I'm
wrong! NOW, if this had happened, I wonderwhat Pete and Roger would have
done ?Regards,Derick.