Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #302

In a message dated 11/5/01 12:56:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< Pete or Roger but I have heard stories about them not being that nice to
fans  >>
I don't know if this is true. In May of 1980 I saw the Who in Seattle. I was
directly to the left of the stage all the way to the back row. As Townshend
walked off the stage after a tremendous show he stopped and looked right up
to where I was in the last row and waved and smiled  to the fans in my area.
I remember how thoughtful that was. Instead of rushing off like some
egotistical superstar he acknowled fans who were cheering wildly after their
final encore. I know that's not a big deal, but it was a small curteous
gesture which I will never forget.

Jon, in LA.