Re: Roger's voice again

In a message dated 11/06/2001 3:57:09 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I'm now of the opinion that during BBE, Roger was beginning to lose control
> of his emotions.  He seemed to really start to get choked-up.  My wife said
> it first, and then I agreed.  Hell, he was staring right at a bunch of fire
> fighters who were crying and holding pictures of their fallen comrades.
> But yeah, all the comments of Rog needing more time to get warmed up, and
> also of being out of breath still apply.

I know i should let this die, but... I have now watched it probably 10 to 15
times since having actually been there (another mention- i'm on a roll), and
I'd agree with ur emotion analysis.  I also think that he was out of breathe
after the harmonica in BOR, and I also have another theory: the adrenaline
rog must have had flowing surely was as strong as he's ever felt, which was
easily chanelled into WAY and BOR, but then was difficult to tone down for
BBE.  Pete didn't have that prob cause he just fed it into that inspired
guitar work.  Roger in WGFA didn't sound as weak as i originally thought- he
just missed a few notes trying to do combination notes on "will be go-
aawwwn" and "sings the so- aawwwng."  Had he stuck to the way it goes in the
studio version it would have been just fine.  too hard to do that with the
apparent difficulty he was having hearing himself.