Re: Zeppelin and song remains the same

>leavening the mix with an oddball singer with astounding stage presence,
>Plant, who may well have copied the look of Daltrey but who invented the
>concept of the cock rock singer,

The Daltrey-Plant resemblence is the connection here.  Their Behind The
Music episode on VH1 says they actually went in search of a Daltrey
look-alike, and that the similar curly blond hair and open-chested costumes
were no accident.  If it's stated publicly, you'd figure there's truth in
it, or else they'd complain.  So, if Plant (the cock rock singer) copied
Daltrey, does that make Daltrey the inventor of the concept, and Plant only
someone who expanded the persona?  Or are the two enough different that
Plant should be credited?

The article I read concentrated on Plant as the singer of Led Zeppelin, of
course, but mentioned Roger as a similar sex god.  Does this mean that Plant
is only the most noted of the genre?  Does the fact that Roger can still do
it at 57 make him the prototype?  ;)

keets