Re: Roger's voice

--- In TheWhoMaximumRnB@y..., AnEnglishBoy <campbell@f...> wrote:
>L. Bird wrote:
> > The flaw in your reasoning is that Pete is a great visionary and a
genius, but he lacks focus.  He tends to jump from idea to idea without
being able to complete anything, and he needs someone to fire him up and
help him organize his projects.

>MAybe that is where Roger should focus his energies, as a PR man.

If you'll notice, he already has.  Roger has been out there doing interviews
and appearances for the 2000 tour, for RAH, for the MSG show, etc., etc.
It's possible Roger's work for VH1 and for Bronfman (of Mirimax) at City of
Hope got The Who an invitation to the MSG benefit and its 16 million viewer
audience.

The Who have moved from a dead stop to a minor sensation in seven years, and
it looks like they've only been trying in the last couple.  Marketing and
image take a little strategy.  I'm not sure who's behind what, but don't
make any mistake--these are all sharp guys.

keets