Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #143

In article <F113a1kg3AmsfGdMNFm0001a265@hotmail.com>,
    "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>  writes:

> The ads sort of worry me

I don't know why Pete selling the songs to an ad agency for some
moolah is such a big problem for everyone.  They were always in it for
the money, folks!  Being a rock star is too much of a pain in the ass
without the money to compensate!

Personally I -like- hearing Who songs in movies, advertisements, and
TV shows.  The fact that the advertisers want to use the music speaks
to the popularity and endurance of the music itself.  Its a compliment
-- they don't use the music of ephemeral forgetable 1-hit wonder bands
30 years after their single was released.
--
Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
         Home <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>