Re: The Who Ltd

Jeff, re

> > "I would think that is the primary reason. The executors of
> > Keith Moon's estate will have a significant vested interest in
> > keeping the company going, too."
>
>   Would it be fair to guess that the Moon Estate is no more as a legal
>   entity and that its interests (in his performances) are held in the
>   form of a trust by his progeny (family) and business associates
>   (TED)?

It might well be. As far as I remember, Keith was a quarter share member
of the Who, so all royalties, earnings from merchandise, etc., were
split four ways.

On his death, his executors have a duty to realise the estate, and as he
has a quarter share in the proceeds of the Who, then the executors would
have a legal obligation to recover that from the eligible earnings of
the Who (i.e. from material that Keith contributed to).

Hence, if the earnings continue to be made, his executors must realise
them. How they do that, we don't know, but your speculation (;-)) seems
pretty sound to me.

Cheers,

John