Re: Downloading Denver

> The way he's got it set up is reasonable.  If you've got 56K, then it
might
> take a couple of hours for each segment.  You'll need software to hold the
> connection open for you, and then you just wander away and come back later
> on.

Keets:

I'm not going to tie my phone up for 8 hours.

> Well, maybe with MCA.  Here's the link to his site.  Click on the Who
tapes
> link for the latest bulletin.

Thanks.

> editing and burning service, but then would you have the right to resell
the
> cds?  I guess so, since you paid fair and square for both.

The problem will be A) no artwork & B) being able to tell a legitimate
downloaded burned CD from one some kid made on his computer, with no quality
control, full of clicks and half songs and tracks starting halfway through a
song and all of the other problems which have plagued CD burners since they
were invented.
And you know, now there are silver blanks. Although so far I have been able
to tell the difference.

> cds from one download and selling them would be piracy, right?  Wonder if
> that's figured into the price?

See, there's the problem. I'll probably have to stick with professionally
made CDs, which will still be made for some time...then turn into an
"antique" store.

> legal status of The Who.  It's interesting that Pete never moved to
dissolve
> the business entity, even though he insisted that it was dead.

In light of what happened to The Beatles, it was probably easier to let it
be.

> had to break up each track and put them on 2 cds. For a 56k connection, it
> will take you maybe, and i am guessing here, 1-2 hrs to download the show.

Scott:

To quote someone we all know: "Too much!"

"Thirdly, the explorationists are willing to only move
  equipment during the winter, which means they'll be on ice roads,
   and remove the equipment as the ice begins to melt, so that the
     fragile tundra is protected."
          George "I blinded me with science" Bush

               Cheers                 ML