Re: Oficial release?

> > Could they do it on the fly?
>
>They could take pre-orders before the concert starts, burn while the
>show is going on and then slip into jewel cases for pickup after the
>show.  You could also wait until after the show to order, but you'd
>have to queue for your copy.  I always thought this was a great idea;
>some bands did it with cassettes, but AFAIK noone's done it on-site
>with CD-R burners.

That's how the discussion ran last year, but what I'm talking about is the
mp3 files.  It would be cost prohibitive to burn 20,000 cds after a show for
a waiting, impatient crowd.  How many staff and how many trucks of gear
would that take?  But depending on their connection, coding and uploading
quarters of the show might get a soundboard to the website within a couple
of hours.

keets