Re: Oficial release?

> > > Does the fact that Pete has posted this show with ED's (but likely not
>MCA's) approval make it more of an "official" release than the free mp3s he
>(apparently) posted on his own initiative?

>If I'm right, then the only people who have an interest in the Who's
>current "recorded (i.e. Mp3) output are The Who themselves.

I dunno.  Somebody posted a while back that MCA had blocked the release of
some old Who material, so they do have some rights in the matter.  It might
be for recordings made during the duration of their contract, or maybe
material Pete wrote then.  We don't have enough details to know.

> > > Hmmm.  Has this been on the download page all the time?  Sounds
> > > pretty official to me.  Also sounds like The Who is an official
> > > entity again.
>
>Well, it would seem that this is decisive; It is piracy to trade the
>download!

The copyright should be understood, anyhow, but looks like they've stated it
just in case it's in question.  ;)

>In the UK, depending on which store you went to, between £13 and £16.
>The download is what, £16?

Did anyone hear how happy Pearl Jam was with the results?  Seems like TED
have gone that issue one better by just offering the download.  I'll bet it
was a lot of trouble and expense for PJ to manufacture and distribute all
those cds.  Did they do it off their website?

Interestingly, there was some discussion on O&S last year that TED ought to
make the concerts available immediately after the show, to take orders for
cds, or various other suggestions.  It's quite possible that they could do
it with this method.  Just have somebody waiting to code the files and put
them up.  Could they do it on the fly?  Put a show up in quarters as it was
complete?

>And the Who have been an official entity since 1982. The Who Group Ltd is
>still a trading company and has never ceased to trade, as far as I can tell
>from Company House records.

What are Company House records?  Is this on the UK stock exchange?

keets