Re: Oficial release?

Lela, re

> > Does the fact that Pete has posted this show with ED's (but likely
> > not MCA's) approval make it more of an "official" release than the
> > free mp3s he (apparently) posted on his own initiative?

I thought the Who had no record contract these days? If I'm right, then
surely MCA has no claim on the Who's output these days, and that's why
Blues to the Bush was released on musicmaker.com.

If I'm right, then the only people who have an interest in the Who's
current "recorded (i.e. Mp3) output are The Who themselves.

Which means that most of the money for the download goes to Pete as
writer of most of the songs, and both John and Roger get a share each as
writer.

It's not out of print until it's taken off the website, therefore to me
it's an act of piracy to trade or boot it now, and in any case,

> > Hmmm.  Has this been on the download page all the time?  Sounds
> > pretty official to me.  Also sounds like The Who is an official
> > entity again.

Well, it would seem that this is decisive; It is piracy to trade the
download!

> > Each show would be a double cd in stores, right?  How much did Pearl
> > Jam charge for their series of concert cds?  Anybody know?

In the UK, depending on which store you went to, between £13 and £16.
The download is what, £16?

And the Who have been an official entity since 1982. The Who Group Ltd
is
still a trading company and has never ceased to trade, as far as I can
tell from Company House records.

Cheers,

John