Return of the Boy in the Candy Store and Other Stuff

Sorry - I haven't had chance to check my email for over a couple of weeks,
so forgive the "timewarp effect" of this post.

>If that was the MSG show from '96, I can dupe that for you.  Its also
>on my FTP site if you want to download MP3s.
><ftp://ftp.xmission.com/pub/users/l/legalize/outgoing/who/>

I know your site well, Rich.  I'm part-way through downloading the Quad 96
concert (5 tracks so far).  I saw the Quad boot at the record store and saw
this as a short-cut to save me having to download the rest of the concert.

>Is that London Arena show same as the Birmingham show?

Gern, you've confused me.  How can it be the same?

>What did you think of the flipped out "Amazing Journey" from THE TOMMY
DEMOS?
>Just a tad different from the album version, huh?

Yeah - this song really stood out the first time I heard the CD - very
psychedelic.

The only disappointment on the whole CDs were the non-PT tracks: "Welcome"
and JAE's songs are just lifted straight from the original Tommy album, and
"Eyesight to the Blind" is missing.  Also the albums ending (last few bars
of We're Not Gonna Take It/See Me Feel Me) is very abrupt - I'm glad this
was improved immensely in the actual Tommy release.

>Yeah, I don't have any QUAD '96 boots either. They're not high on my
priority list.
>I don't know how often you buy boots, but another good one with some weird
Pete
>demos is called ODDS & SODS VOL. 2. Anyone out there own this? "Lone
>Ranger Street Music Reduction?" Hello? Anyone?

I'll keep an eye open for this next time I'm at a record fair (I WILL be
going back!).  What tracks are on this CD? (if you don't mind typing it out
for me).

>The link is to a site that allows you to download different ring tones for
>your mobile phone.
>3 Who songs that I've found: Happy jack, MG, Summertime Blues.

I always thought that "Sparks" would make a great ringtone.

>What fun stuff is there for kids to do in London?

Jeff: I always recommend that US Who fans visiting London head for Brighton
for a day or so.  (One hours train ride away.)  Your kids will have the
beach to play on, while you can look around at the sites from the Quad film
(remember the gaff, with the doors we smashed?)

>The fact that the VT tags were personalized with "JEB 1" was.

I once saw a Land Rover on the M25 near the Kent/Surrey border with a
personalised plate with the word "WHO" in it.  It seemed to be the kind of
vehicle Roger would have, around the sort of area he lives.  Didn't manage
to get a look at the driver, though.  Anyone know if this could have been
him?

 * * *

One Word Reviews:

	Ascendance II: huh?