Re: Who Are You wins award and Sure plays a mean SG

>http://www.petetownshend.com/pr_display.cfm?id=4561&zone=pr
>Who Are You wins award Pete won an award with 'Who Are You' at last night's
>BMI Film and TV ceremony. The song was one of the most performed television
>themes of the year.

What do you suppose they mean by this?  An excerpt from his song is now the
theme to that forensics show, and you'd assume they play it once for every
time the show runs.  I notice the channels often run shows more than once in
a week these days, on the same or different nights so they can get their
money's worth and maybe catch viewers at different time slots.  So are they
running the show a lot?

Or does it mean that The Who and various radio stations also got lots of
mileage out of it last summer?  Is this another award in lieu of royalty
payments?

keets

P.S.  I notice that lots of the commercial uses of The Who's songs only
excerpt a small portion.  I wonder if Pete charges by the word or something.