RE: Vermont improves - JEB in VT !!

>From: Jeff House [mailto:jjthandmeh@juno.com]
>Subject: Vermont improves
>
>One Marylander + one OX = a better Vermont :o)

On June 7th, VT will definitely be a grand place to be!

>I still see a window in the JEB dates between Atlantic City and Portland
ME,
>where a Providence or Boston date would fit nicely.  Of course that is the
>same week U2 in in town:-(

I thought I saw a post on the Pete Townshend "one list" (believe that's what
it's called) just yesterday announcing shows in SE NE to include both Boston
and Providence.
I didn't forward it thinking you must have gotten it, or it would end up on
IGTC.
I can't swear it wasn't talking about the Abbey Road thingy.

KEETS!  Do you still have that post by chance??????

>Do I have to find a club and broker a deal?

Hey, there's something to be said about being pro-active.
My lesson learned (keep learning it over and over): It never hurts to ask.
Particularly if you provide details and pertinent information that makes it
easier for the person to accomplish your goals.

I spoke yesterday with the guy who handles bookings for The Higher Ground
here in the Burlington area.  Turns out, he is a good friend of my friend at
The HG, and we all played paint ball together a few summers back.  I guess
when you're killed by someone, and also kill that person, it makes an
impression.  ;-)
Anyway, he was still scratching his head about how BITSA just called him out
of the blue to set up the booking.  Needless to say, he was way appreciative
of my efforts.
At the same time he admitted that it's a bit of a gamble.  "You just never
know if the public at large still cares for what older 'used to be famous'
stars are doing".
My response: "Yeah, but this is the 'Bassist of the Century' coming off a
hugely successful tour with The Who".  To my surprise, he didn't know about
any of that.
I'm now putting together a file of up to date information for him so he can
gear his advertising in the right directions.
This is a big show for Burlington.  The local radio station is backing the
show, so there will be plenty of adverts., etc.
I'm developing flyers to plaster all around Burlington and vicinity to get
John's name out there.
Something like:
John Entwisle
AKA: The Ox
AKA: The Quiet One
Bassist of The Century
Bassist for The Who
See him at - - -bla, bla, bla
WARNING: Bring Ear Plugs

That in conjunction with the regular flyers and adverts. should guarantee a
big night.
Alan, I'll be E-mailing you off list for advise.

Kevin in VT
Obviously PSYCHED!