Re: High notes

> I understand that Bono has been changing the melodies slightly on some songs
> to compensate for a tired and aging voice.  Maybe Roger could talk through
> some of the tough stuff ala Lou Reed, Mark Knopfler, Dylan.

Daltrey *has* changed some phrasings of particular lines within particular songs
("Substitute" & "Who Are You" come to mind) which I think is cool.  I don't be-
lieve it's because of a "range" thing; I think he's just keeping the music fresh for
himself &, in the end, us.  And points for him for not over doing it, too.

- SCHRADE in Akron