Re: Horton hears the Who??

Lela, re

> > It is possible there's a connection, as the book is copyright 1954,
> > and when TED+M were choosing a name, the name could well have
> > presented itself with its noisy Whoville associations. A noisy speck
> > of dust?  Yup, that's us.

I'm afraid while it's a nice thought, it could never have happened that
way:-) Dr Seuss is American, and his books were certainly never
available in the UK until possibly the late 70's or 80's. I've never
seen one for sale in an UK bookstore, certainly never when buying books
to read to or for my daughter from her birth in 1981 to when,
approximately 5 or 6 years later? Is that the age group he wrote for?

It's hard to imagine that any of the Who (Lambert, Meaden and Stamp
included) could have ever known of Dr Seuss, let alone read one of the
books as a child; I didn't as a child.

Cheers,

John