Horton

Alan McK "You all ARE kidding, right?  The origin of the name is well
attested in various writings I can't cite right now.  Pete, Richard Barnes
and some others (Roger?) were up most of the night in Pete's? apartment
trying to think up names for the band and Barnes suggested The Who.  That
was the same session where Pete suggested The Hair.  Now if you're going to
suggest digging around in Barney's subconscious to find the origins of his
suggestion, I bow out."

There is truth to be found in humor, don't you think?

It is so difficult to get this across in Email (as I have often failed), but
I hoped the Horton connection would be a source of amusement and not a
challenge of anyone's knowledge of The Who.

It was a terrible reflection on my twisted mind that as I was reading this
*great* story to my daughter, I was distracted by the thought that it had
something to say about The Who.  Pretty sick.

I really enjoyed your story, Simon!

Jeff