Re: Horton Hears The Who?

>Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 22:24:53 -0000
>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>
>It is possible there's a connection, as the book is copyright 1954, and when
>TED+M were choosing a name, the name could well have presented itself with
>its noisy Whoville associations.

You all ARE kidding, right?  The origin of the name is well attested in
various writings I can't cite right now.  Pete, Richard Barnes and some
others (Roger?) were up most of the night in Pete's? apartment trying to
think up names for the band and Barnes suggested The Who.  That was the
same session where Pete suggested The Hair.  Now if you're going to suggest
digging around in Barney's subconscious to find the origins of his
suggestion, I bow out.

Cheers,

Alan

"Never never hesitate, communicate, communicate..." --Pete Townshend