Re: CHARTS & THE WHO

In article <F259Lfw9ugwdrXon6pP00004339@hotmail.com>,
    "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>  writes:

> Hmm.  I really considered this hard, and I dunno that teens are gonna go for
> THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT 2000, even with lots of semi-naked dancing girls.

Nick in Salt Lake is 21 and his friends that went to Denver all say it
"changed their life" and were eager for boots of the show.  Plus there
are a good number of teens and 20 somethings on this list.  What I
noticed about the Denver audience was that our boys are now an
inter-generational thing, with parents sharing it with their kids and
both really enjoying it.  That was really cool.  Most things in our
society try to stratify us into age groups -- starting with public
schooling and the concept of "1st through 12th grades", but once again
Pete breaks through the barriers, if you're only willing to listen.

The folks that slurp up the top-20 tripe aren't interested in
"message" they just want a catchy tune.  These are people that are
more likely to know "You Better, You Bet" than "Substitute", in my
experience.  YBYB was the most recent pop/top-40 showing for the boys,
while Substitute occasionally gets played on your classic rock stations.
--
Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
         Home <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>