Re: Downloadable Who

> > Nope.  It was an official release, so copying and selling it would

>Now I never said "sell" but "trade."

I covered trading in there.

> > What songs?  All of them, or just the main structure?
>
>OK...so you don't have Max R&B or the Tommy demos. Keets...you need to get
>with it.

Oh, yes.  Definitely demo poor.  I've got the ones on the Scoops, but that's
about it.

> > The fact of the finished song.  The question is whether he writes the
>lyrics/music down before or after it's done.
>
>I have no idea.

But that's what we're discussing.  You said Pete's ramblings weren't real
songs until they were written out.  So are all those boxes of tapes really
songs or not?

On a side note, there was an article in the local paper last year about a
guy whose business is to transcribe songs/music for musicians who don't read
or write music--or maybe just don't want to take the time to screw around
with it.  They send him a tape and he writes out the tabs or the scores or
whatever, and then sends it back.  I seem to recall that maybe he had
someone perform from the transcription, or maybe he did it himself so they
could judge whether it was a suitable representation.

Very interesting article--it emphasizes how many musicians nowdays DON'T
read or write music.  The guy was making a good living.

>But human history must be torn down to rebuild, so until we tear down Rock
>and go to something new, it can't be reborn like a Phoenix from the ashes.

Okay, I'll go for that one.  But maybe it's just the spirit that will rise.

keets