Re: projects for Roger

>After our discussion of MCVICAR (Schrade, was that you who recently watched
>it?), I got it out and ran it again.  Sure enough, the statement Roger said
>he wanted it to make is in there, but it's in the soundtrack, not the
>script or the direction.

Here's an interesting link for MCVICAR, including some fan comments.  I
gather these are UK fans, and that the film may continue to have an
audience, though it's fairly unknown in the US.

http://www.1worldfilms.com/McVicar.html

Here's the song that makes the point for the movie, which Roger said was to
emphasize what a waste crime turned out to be.  Roger isn't credited with
any of the writing, but as the movie producer, he must have had input in
what he wanted it to say.

McVICAR
(Billy Nicholls)

Don't plead no special case for me
Because ain't no way I'll get my liberty
I'm back inside I've been betrayed
Now I know this is the greatest robbery.

Night after night,
I lie awake and watch the morning break
Night after night,
I get the feeling that, there's no way back.

Don't think you'll see me here again
You better find another man to take the blame

Ooo, Ooo Ooo It's getting late
I better sweat it out and get myself in shape.
Time after time, only a fool makes the same mistake
Time after time, and every day I thought,
I won't get caught.
Ooo, Ooo Ooo It's getting late
I better sweat it out and get myself in shape.

Night after night,
I lie awake and watch the morning break
Night after night,
I get the feeling that, there's no way back.

keets