No Subject

"Last week, for reasons too complex to go into, I found myself in a
Manchester hospitality suite, watching as Noddy Holder essayed a dance step
or two to a trancy club tune. It was when I noticed the rapt faces of my
companions, cynical types all, that it came to me. Why bother with this
awful election? Why not just make Holder Prime Minister? A moment’s thought
gives us a workable Cabinet. David Bowie: a keen Arts Minister. PJ Harvey,
sensitive to Women’s Affairs. Elton John wouldn’t make Chancellor but we
might let him loose in Culture, Sport and Heritage. Pete Townshend or Eric
Clapton — men who’ve beaten narcotics — would make better drug czars than an
ex-policeman who probably thinks Crystal Meth is a game show. Even Sean
Ryder might bring more coherence to our railways than recent government."

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm