Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #117

<< I like "Lion King" better than any of Elton's stuff, even prior to '75.
 I think he has always been a lame singer and couldn't write a decent
 lyric to save his life.  He could not possibly be a "worst meltdown"
 since he wasn't that great before.

<< Worst meltdown?  My vote goes to The Who.  Last year they were like
 phoenix rising from the ashes and did redeem themselves, but they really
 did meltdown in the worst way post-Moon.  Since they were the greatest
 performing act ever, there was alot of room to melt/fall.

Jeff, my friend, you're either nuts or under 25. First of all, Elty don't
write lyrics! Second of all, the better half of his and his lyricist Bernie
Taupin's 70-75 work is some of the most magical Pop/Rock of all time.

I disagree about post-Moon Who. Those albums aren't great, but they are good.
Some evidence? COAT, QUIET, DAILY, ATHENA, EMINENCE, CRY.

sp