Re: meltdown/comeback

>I agree with the last part, and partly with the first.  The meltdown was a
>slow-motion burn during the years 1979-1995.  Low points are the inactivity
>spread throughout, "Who on Ice" and "Iron Man" in '89.  Pee-yoo indeed!

I didn't see the whole '89 tour, of course, but I think THE WHO LIVE tape is
one of the best available records of The Who.  It's a polished,
well-produced show, and TED look terrifically grown up and competent.  I'd
consider that tour one of the higher points in the burnout.

Am I out of line on this?  Everybody seemed pleased with the tour at the
time.  Why is it so bad looking back on it?

keets