Re: another review

At 07:54 AM 3/20/2001, you wrote:
>Another review from the Petetownshend list:
>
>Went to see Rog last nite in Vail, CO.  The band:
>
>Simon Townshend - Rhythm Guitar
>Ben Townshend (Simon's son) - Drums
>Geoff Whitehorn - Lead Guitar
>???? - Bass

Mark Clark

>???? - There were 2 Keyboard players.

One was Keith Levinson and I can't quite understand what Roger says for the
other.  It sounds kinda like Jimmy Joe (or maybe Joel)

>Rog played:  I cant explain, substitute, pinball wizard, you better you
>bet, who are you, the kids are alright (short version) behind blue eyes,
>won't get fooled again, squeeze box, see me feel me, my generation (that's
>all I can remember...am i forgetting something????)

That's all of it except for the harmonica playing on Let's Work Togethter

>I enjoyed the show greatly.  I was about 8 rows from the stage..first time
>seeing Rog up close!!!  The band was a bit rough at times (especially
>during My gen), but overall I thought they sounded great!

Since they didn't rehearse My Gen it was amazingly smooth<G>

>Rog emceed the event.  he would do like 3 songs and then introduce someone
>else..either Peter Frampton or Gary Brooker (both were very good I thought).
>
>OK, anyone else who was there...can you back me up on this?...WHAT WAS THE
>DEAL WITH THAT JANIS JOPLIN/ROBERT PLANT IMITATOR?????  Rog introduced her
>as a "star", and he said that if there were any record execs in the crowd,
>they should sign her up.  She then came out and proceeded to to do Dyer
>Makr(I think...i'm not a big Zep fan)

Kashmir

>  and that mercedes benz song???

By Janis Joplin as well as Piece of My Heart which brought tears to my eyes.

>The best was when she came out later and did stairway to heaven!  Everyone
>in my section was cracking up!!  Holding up their lighters in mock
>approval. Anyway, she seemed to be the only out of place/wierd/bizarre
>part of an otherwise awesome night.

I was absolutely blown away by her. I had heard her sing on the BRS DVD (as
well as on a boot from the RAH BRS show) and knew I would like her, and
that she would be doing Zep songs.  What I didn't expect was the Joplin
songs and she did them perfectly.

>Rog's said that Pete was going to be there, but had other commitments.
>BUT--THE REALLY COOL THING WAS-----Rog thanked everyone for supporting the
>Who on the last tour and said that this was the first time that Pete
>didn't quit the band after a tour ended...and rog said "So, he's still in
>the band!"  So take it with that grain of salt we all keep handy, but it
>seemed like a positive announcement.
>
>Simon performed "The Way It Is" on his own with an acoustic and it sounded
>great.

What was interesting was that the set list didn't have this as the planned
song.  Wonder why he changed it?  What was on the list you ask?<G>...it
says "Secret Love" a song that I'm not familiar with.

>Anyway, those are the highlights.....see ya.
>
>towsEr

Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://kathy.hispeed.com/index.html