Re: balls

>>Maybe the Who doesn't attract many chicks, but the ones they do attract
>>are definately chicks worth knowing in my book :-).
>
>I've been trying to figure it out.  Pete says the Who gals are all
>Weimaraners.  Another vision?  Are we all big, solid dogs with a nasty
>bite?
>  ;)

More thoughts about this:  Fans seem to come to The Who for different
reasons, but I think it eventually boils down to the message.  Pete presents
everyman's problems in the lyrics, and the non-verbal component tells you
everything is alright, and you can overcome these little difficulties.  The
"balls" part is about strength in the face of adversity.

I notice different fans seem to lean toward different members of the group,
so that Entwistle (as retiring as he is) has a following, as does Moon, who
has been gone for a while.  Some fans have even mentioned that they suddenly
"discover" one or the other member of The Who after a long fanship.  This
identification indicates there slightly different versions of the message
that the fans are receiving.

One of the gals said Who music is music for misfits, which I though was very
perceptive.  There is likely a large groups of fans who identify with Pete's
perception that he's awkward and gawky and has a big nose, and so never fits
in.  I'm sure there is also a large groups of fans who identify with Roger's
determination that The Who is going to roll over everything that gets in the
way.  Likewise, there are also groups that identify with Moon's attitudes
and Entwistle's humor.
Comments?

keets