Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #78

>No mystery really. A lot of the songs that ended up on Pete's solo CD's
>were first offered to Roger or The Who and Roger rejected them. "Rough
>Boys," "I Am An Animal," "Keep On Working," "Cats In The Cupboard," "Empty
>Glass,""Dance It Away," and "Somebody Saved Me" were all rejected by Roger
>either for himself or The Who.

Offered to Roger for himself?  Do you mean for Roger's solo albums?  That is
curious.  I had thought all of them tried to establish themselves as
individuals through their solo careers, and it seems strange that Pete would
have offered his songs to Roger.  It just didn't seem that relations were
running that way.  If he did, I still can't imagine Roger singing some of
those songs, though.

keets