Re: After an album, what?

> If they continue along the lines they were following during the tour, I
> can't see that a studio album would be in any way a bomb.  Pete might have
> been embarrassed by the sales of PSYCHODERELICT, but he's got nothing to be
> ashamed about as far as the material is concerned.  The same goes for any
> Who album that follows the same path.  If it's good, it's good, and sales
> don't mean shit.

Pete has said recently that he accepts the fact that his solo releases will sell
a few thousand.  The risk is a new WHO album that sells as poorly as PSY-
CHODERELICT.  Rock, like other aspects of the entertainment industry, is
a popularity contest, too (I just wanna be popular.....).

Pete has also said he wants his artistic output to reach as many people as pos-
sible, also.  A new WHO album would be a way for him to expand his reach.
That doesn't bother me:  Pete using THE WHO for his own expression & gain.
Isn't that what he's been doing since "I Can't Explain?"

When it comes to a new WHO album, Pete has the weight of THE WHO &
it's entire history on his shoulders.  It's pretty much *his* band & he knows
it.  But it also involves many other people as well.

That's a lot a pressure for Pete.  Pete pressure.

- SCHRADE in Akron