Re: Let's See Action

> >However, there was the time I and two other
> >straight guys once danced with Fred Schneider but that's another story...
>
> That we would all like to hear.  :)
>
> Bruce

Well if you insist. It was after the B-52's played the Agora Ballroom in
Atlanta in 1982.  After the show I and a friend went up to the small 688
club and ran into Ort. Ort was an Athens eccentric in the 70's and 80's with
long hair and shaggy beard who lived by cashing in aluminum cans he picked
up from Athens streets (and considering how much beer University of Georgia
students drink he probably made a good living). He used to drive to Atlanta
all the time to go on record runs. I used to go with him sometimes and he
told me that Fred Schneider use to go on record runs with him as well. So
Ort takes us over to where Schneider is at the 688 Club and introduces us.
Fred compliments me and my friend on our "Mesopotamia" t-shirts and as the
music starts the four of us start dancing (pogo-ing really as that was the
in dance). Then we parted company.  Then there was the time I ran into The
Clash at the 688 Club...(this could go on all day).

-Brian in Atlanta
 The Who This Month!
 Go to: http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm