Re: The Legacy

> >While promoting the '89 tour, Daltrey, in an interview, said he thought THE
> >WHO went out like a "wet fart" on the '82 tour & he was hopeful the '89
> >tour would fix that.
> >
> >Oooops.
>
> That's an example of Roger's belief in The Who--and maybe it did.  It was a
> successful tour in plenty of ways.  It was generally upbeat, brought Who
> music to the public, made money and, most important, laid the groundwork for
> more Who projects later on.  Fans and critics found plenty to gripe about,
> of course, but that's their job.

I think the '89 tour was much more damaging to THE WHO's reputation with
both the casual *&* the dedicated *rock* fan.  It was a joke of a tour for a
band known & respected for its live prowess.  Celebration, my ass.  All it it
accomplished in my book is that it made the 2000 tour that much more enjoyable.

- SCHRADE in Akron