Re: The Kids Are Alright Soundtrack Re-Release

>The WHO stuff keeps pouring in!  This time, it's THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT
>Soundtrack from Amazon.com.uk on Polydor CD.  Don't expect miracles here.
>I mean, sure this is a great collection of songs, but it still
>sounds as uneven as all it's previous releases on CD.  I'm not sure
>Jon Astley could fix that, or should have.
>
>One CD, total track time 79:43....
>
>Maybe there *is* something to all that bitching about Jon Astley!
>Seriously, I don't know what he could've done to "polish up" this
>collection of vastly different-sounding recordings.  This is a WHO
>album that definitely sounds better on vinyl than CD. Really.  It's
>too raw & haphazard for CD.
>
>The booklet has a few new, tiny pictures and the liner notes are the
>same as the original booklet (except for some minor alterations
>which I noticed).
>
>Final Grade For This Reissue: C
>Final Grade For My Old Vinyl Version: A
>
>- - SCHRADE in Akron

Schrade,

I have the 2-CD Japanese reissue. Is there any reason to get this new one also?

Jim

"[Ex-] President Clinton was featured in a foreign documentary, and
that was nominated for an Academy Award. I believe it's called
"Crouching Intern, Stolen Sofa."
	- David Letterman, 2-13-01