RE: Digin-Digin-Dig-in

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Paul Simon (PT played with him once)

Saw a clip of Paul Simon on TV last night.  He again looked and sounded like
shit.  And he wasn't even singing!  He sounded like he has had a stroke or
something.
Very strange.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: JesusToniNewAlbum on Sally
>The worst thing about it is that you get a miniature you with all those
same
>attitudes and problems.  ;)

Oh man, I'm in for it.

>From: <ticonsulting@msn.com>
>Subject: Tax only conservative churches and organizations
>But Mark, where would Democrats be without the tax-exempt political
activity
>of spiritual giants like Rev. Jesse Jackson, Rev. Al Sharpton, Minister
>Louis Farrakhan, et. al., not to mention all those fund-raisers and
campaign
>appearances at churches, synagogues, and temples?

Still fighting for what's right.  Reduction of CO2, Arsenic standards that
are supported by years of scientific research, putting the world and
environment before big business, balancing a budget, reducing the debt, not
counting on a crystal ball of what surplus is gonna be, protecting civil
liberties, helping and more importantly caring for the poor.
Oh yea, and not stealing elections.

>"You know where to put the cork..."

Being able to see is much more important.

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: Death as a theme?
>Let
>us not forget the new TKAA lyrics Pete posted 8/28/00.  I just love
>this...

Yeah, how could I have forgotten about this. ;-)

>"Never leave me.
>I can't live without you.
>I don't want you to go.
>I brought you here with my love, and my lust.
>And now as I grow old
>And lean towards the dust and flowers of death,
>I need to know you'll be all right.
>With me and without me."

I don't even agree that he's leaning at this point.  People who are leaning
towards death can't fucking jump in the air the way Pete was this past
summer!

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: New Orleans '71 & Brussels '72
>Dave,
>The few tracks I've heard from these two shows are very interesting
>performance-wise.  I'd love to get in on a tree of the '72 show.
>Thanks for the scoop.

Yes, Yes, Yes!! I'd be very interested in a tree of of the Brussels show as
well.

Now for something completely different.

A Sad Day In Vermont...........
Well, if you were watching National News last night, you know what happened
(finally) in my state, and in our country.
A couple hundred sheep were rounded up and sent to slaughter.
Possible carriers of a strain of Mad Cow.
Just in case there are those that may have come away with the wrong
impression....In the 6 months that this ordeal of "to kill or not to kill"
has been playing out in the courts, etc., I haven't heard of one person
other than the owners and their lawyer who supported NOT killing these
flocks.  All of VT's state and federal legislators, all farmers and the
public at large have been urging these owners to give it up and do what
needed to be done.
It was upsetting seeing the sheep go.  It really was.  No one likes the
killing of animals (well, most), but there are so many unknowns.
Sorry for the rant, but it's been a big topic of discussion and of
depression in this state for quite a while.
Can't even imagine the anguish that English and other Euro farmers are
currently going through.

Kevin in VT
(now I'm a farmer.............AND I'M A DIGIN', DIGIN', DIGIN', DIGIN',
DIG-IN'!)