Re: Boxed set; NoNoise

>He's hardly the only one using that particular form of noise reduction (the
>first releases of the Beach Boys used it, the latest do not), although I
>own a computer program called Dart Pro which works much better and cost
>only $300. It's hard to believe the professional stuff is inferior to
>something I can do in my office with a $1000 computer.

There's been lots of discussion about this on O&S.  I generally dislike cds
that have had too much noise reduction.  I guess the digital medium makes
noise unacceptable that was perfectly fine from analog media, but letting
engineers edit art doesn't always work out for the best.  You end up with
cold, dead sounding recordings where they've even taken out the singer's
breath.  Things like that are what make a particular performance live.

keets