Re: Boxed set

> > At first I didn't like some of the stuff like "Life with Moon's" on the
> box
> > set but it has grown on me.
> > Jon:

> I wasn't saying it wasn't worth having, but I don't like it where it is...in
> the middle of the music, and running over some of it like a bad DJ. As with
> most comedy, a few listens and you know it word for word...and trust me, I
> know about comedy because in my used CD store comedy doesn't sell...for this
> very reason, music stands multiple listens but comedy doesn't. Put at the
> end of the disc, it could be skipped...on another disc with the rest which
> wasn't released, even better, for when you're in that mood.
>                Cheers                 ML

My Steve Martin albums have been getting "multiple listens" since grade school,
Mark!  I firmly reject your theory (but not you, as a person).  And the Moon com-
edy bits on the box set are great.  Sonia Nipples?  Vince McRaincoat?  :-)  C'mon!

And if anyone else feels the same way I do about the Moon comedy bits, check
out the LIFE WITH THE MOONS CD boot for longer, unedited versions of
the box set tracks.

Incidentally,  I thought the box set struck a nice balance between stuff that *had*
to be on there & rarer stuff which keeps the freakier fans satisfied.  Of course
there are song which I could live without, but any kind of a reduction of THE WHO's
output would lead to that problem.

- SCHRADE in Akron