RE: Cry baby and wood.

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Boxed set; Moshed by Gawd; Placenta it back
>I do get that spiritual feeling from time to time, at Who concerts
>especially.
>But last summer, in Atlanta, I got it during Relay. I started getting
myself in
>the right "frame of mind" and it was just starting to kick in during Relay.
>I remember thinking that it was GOOD to be a Who fan. It brought tears to
my
>eyes, yes laugh if you must.

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What a sissy!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding of course. :-)

I also felt it during the end of Let's see Action (Nothing is Everything).
Everytime.  Just a completely beautiful moment.
And, I know I had tears in my eyes at various times during all four shows I
saw. I also cry at parts of Quad. No blubbering mind you, but a little
sniffle here and there.
What a great "frame of mind".

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: hooting in public
>What I meant is that there can be moments at a great concert where you lose
>yourself.  You forget about everything that does not involve the spectacle
>before you.

My good friend here plays in a band and they have a song called "The Music
Takes You Away".  He was the first-timer I took to the Boston show (I'm
talking about Jess, Stu).  After one song (can't remember which) when the
crowd had that puzzled look on their face, when you forgot where you were,
he leaned over and said "the music takes you away".  Had a big smile on his
face.
The Who's music takes me away..........and to a much better place.

>You submit to the experience much they way you might submit to
>the higher power of a religion.

Let's admit it.  The Who's music is very spiritual.  I think it's a major
reason why we all love it as much as we do. It's smart.  It makes you think.
It guides your daily decisions.  It forms who you are.  This isn't all a
coincidence.  Pete wanted this.  He is a preacher.  I'm not saying Pete is
god or anything remotely like that, but he is a teacher.  He teaches us the
religion of kindness and sharing and love and yes of god and a higher power.
So, for me, at a Who concert, I am definitely at church. No question about
it what.... so.... ever.
And, I'm also more at church sitting in the water waiting for waves, or
hiking and boarding in the mountains, than sitting in a stuffy old church
with a bunch of friggin' ritualistic obsessed people I don't know or
probably have anything in common with.
(sorry, no offense to those who enjoy going to church)

>All negativity falls away.  You forget about the annoying people around
you, the status of your >bladder,

Damn bladder tends to not let me forget. ;-)
I'm still thinking of marketing my "bladder relief in a pouch" idea.

>all your responsibilities, and (most importantly) your nostalgia and
expectations.
>You are in the moment, indulging yourself totally.  Hooting is optional.

Now, are you at a Who concert, or boarding on 3ft of fresh powder???  See my
point?

>Crying, babbling, moaning, open-mouthed dumfoundedness,

Yep, yep...

>and wood are possible in lieu of hooting

Oh my!  Was always to busy to check.  ;-)

Stay in tune,
Kevin in VT