hooting in public

Kevin in VT "There really are only 3 times in our society when we humans
"hoot" out loud like that in public settings.  Well, maybe 4.  Sport events,
Rock concerts, skiing, and also (here comes the fourth) southern Baptist
churches (ok, there may be other churches)."

I hooted at the circus last year.  The human cannonball brought me to my
feet.  No tingle, but it was pure silly fun.  I guess that counts as a
sporting event.  I do NOT feel that circus = church.  I think I should
clarify the concert = church thing since I have never hooted in church.

What I meant is that there can be moments at a great concert where you lose
yourself.  You forget about everything that does not involve the spectacle
before you.  You submit to the experience much they way you might submit to
the higher power of a religion.  All negativity falls away.  You forget
about the annoying people around you, the status of your bladder, all your
responsibilities, and (most importantly) your nostalgia and expectations.
You are in the moment, indulging yourself totally.  Hooting is optional.

Crying, babbling, moaning, open-mouthed dumfoundedness, and wood are
possible in lieu of hooting (although I can't speak from experience on the
last one).

Jeff