The Other Scoop - Boot Review

This is a 2-CD collection of Pete's demos called THE OTHER SCOOP.
Not the best packaging here.  Cheap "booklet," CD-r's, & since it's a col-
lection of Pete's demos, naturally, the cover is a WHO ARE YOU outtake
picture of the whole band - photos of Pete by himself apparently too difficult
to obtain.

Anyway, most of these songs are available on other boot CD's.  Here's what
the inside sleeve says:

    This 2 CD set is a splendid collection of Pete Townshend home
    demos - in chronological order - during his WHO-years.  THE
    OTHER SCOOP is meant as a companion-piece to the previous
    compilations of Pete Townshend demos SCOOP & ANOTHER
    SCOOP, released in the 80's.  CHECK THEM OUT, THEY'RE
    GREAT AS WELL!

    These demos, from the very first primitive recordings from 1964
    to the multi-track productions of later years, truly show a genius at
    work as well as a visionary of sight & sound!  He's great - what
    else can we say - & on these tracks (bar track 9, CD 2) he plays
    all the instruments & sings (though not as good as Keith or John or
    Roger).

Here's the track listing:

CD 1                                                                           CD 2
1. My Generation (Max R&B flexi-disc version)           1. Baba O'Riley (edited)
2. It's Not True                                                            2. The Real Me
3. Don't Look Away                                                    3. The Punk & the Godfather
4. Run, Run, Run                                                         4. Cut My Hair
5. That Motherland Feeling                                          5. I've Had Enough
6. Dogs (neat!)                                                            6. Gonna Fight To Make
You Mine
7. Overture                                                                  7. Slip Kid (edited)
8. It's a Boy                                                                 8. Instrumental
9. 1929                                                                       9. Keep Me Turning
10. Amazing Journey (edited)                                      10. Love Is Coming Down
11. The Acid Queen                                                    11. Who Are You (edited)
12. Wecome                                                               12. I Like It the Way It Is
13. We're Not Gonna Take It                                      13. Love Is Wine
14. Pure & Easy                                                          14. Empty Glass (neat!)
15. The Song Is Over                                                  15. How Can You Do It Alone
16. Getting In Tune                                                      16. What Is Love
17. Going Mobile                                                        17. I Believe My Own Eyes
18. Won't Get Fooled Again

Many of these tracks sound better on other boots, plus many are chopped up &
are not the full length versions.  I guess this boot would be ok if you're looking
for a big chunk of Pete's demos, but if you already have most of this stuff, avoid it.

Final Grade:  C

- SCHRADE in Akron